Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

This Mother's Day was a day of honor and praise. The day started off with our Sunday morning Mother's day service where poems are read and songs are sung in honor of all our mothers. Each mother that is in service receives a special gift. This year the gift was a hand crafted pen and pencil set made by one of the men in our church. During the Mother's Day service I sang a song entitled "Let Them Be Little". I spoke about our children and the pressure to grow up too soon. I also spoke about my wonderful mother who has created special moments and memories in my life. I have an awesome mother who has always been there for me during the good times and the bad. I could not have asked for a better mom. I love her with all of my heart. This year our church had record firsts. We had a record number of mother's in attendance. I think there were 25 mother's at the service and we have three pregnant ladies, that is also a first for us. After the service the whole Tredway family went to eat lunch. We had a great time together celebrating.
My sister and I posing with my mom for her Mother's Day picture.
My mother and my grandmother. Both beautiful, Godly women.
Our family at the Mother's Day Service. Jay, Sis, Madison, Mom, Dad, Bowen, Candace and me.

3 comments:

The Weidners said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the comment! I am looking forward to meeting your little one! I already have half of the gift ready for her! ;o) I hope all is well!

iluv2prshim said...

Looks like a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing. The pictures are great!

Megan Neufeld said...

CANDACE!!!!! AHHHHH!!! OMG youre so prego! Lisa found your page and sent it to me, so I started a lil page and wanted to say hi. You look so cute I am so happy for you and Josh. Congrats! When is your due date again?